CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Our Rainbow Boy is on his way!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gracies Story..

I am a proud mother of 2 little girls, One named Sophie who will be 3 on August 4th 2012, and my youngest who left this world all too soon, her name is Gracie, and this is her story.


well, i guess i'll start from the very beginning.. Me and my husband had just had our first little Girl Sophie Leeann Stultz.. She was about 2 months old when we found out we were pregnant again.. ohh boy is what i thought.. We could barely afford Sophie and now were going to add another little life into this mess.. well, a few weeks after going to the Dr and finding out the news of the pregnancy i began to get excited because we figured her due date and it was a day after Sophie's birthday! oh my what a surprise! What an amazing thing it would be to have two children born on the very same day but not be "twins".. well i guess then our luck turned for the worse.. About 2 months into my pregnancy i still didn't feel or look pregnant.. i know they say every pregnancy is different but this wasn't right. I felt empty. I called the Dr and he had me come in and said everything was fine to just go home and get some rest that i was probably just exhausted from just having Sophie.. well i did just that.. We called Neals Mom and asked her to keep Sophie for a few days while i rested and caught up on the house work. well 2 days later i didn't feel any different. I kept telling Neals mom that i felt odd, i didnt feel pregnant, that actually i felt "normal". I didnt have any cravings, no sickness, nothing.. my Dr passed if off as just difference in pregnancies.. well as the days went on i wondered and wondered.. then one day i woke up to a pain in my stomach.. I immediately freaked out, my husband was a work and i had no clue what to do. So i called our dr. He said it was nothing and told me to rest, and that i probably just needed to stay in bed until the next appointment which was 1 1/2 weeks away.. I Disagreed and told him i wanted to be seen, there was no openings at all until my Appointment. A few hours later i began to spot. once again i called my Dr. asked (frantically) what i should do he told me to lie down and take it easy.. it seems that is what he always told me, never a care in the world, makes me mad now to know that there was something wrong and no one helped me. Anyway, I didnt lay down, i went to the ER, after being there 3 hours and not being seen i was coaxed into going home and eating and going to bed, not knowing the next day would be the worst day of my life. I woke up to Sophie crying wanting her bottle.. Neal got up and got it and brought her into the room to play.. at this point i was told not to do anything strenuous, dont hold anything over 5lbs, dont push,pull, or do anything pretty much. so i couldnt do anything for her, which tore me apart.. i couldnt hold my princess, it broke my heart, but i went by the Drs orders and did what i was told. later that evening we went to Neals mom and Dads to eat Supper, i was feeling bad again and was Crampy, not too bad but it did make me uneasy, i told neals mom about it and she said i should go to the Dr., well i couldnt because he was booked. She got me her heating pad and lay me down on her bed until supper. At the supper table the smell of food made me feel sick.. i went to stand up to go to the Living room and sit down and my world literally crashed to the floor.. Blood ran down my legs, and i doubled over in pain, in that very moment i realized.. "shes dead..". Neals mom helped me to the Bathroom and helped me get my Soaked jeans off, sat me on the toilet and called the Dr. i put one of Sophie diapers on and soaked it in minutes. We rushed to The Hospital, When we got there my husband carried me into the hospital because i couldnt walk, my legs were like pieces of jello..and they immediately placed us in a room. my mom and aunt came to Support me, and by the end of hte night my whole family was in the waiting room I told my mom to get rid of them that i didnt want anyone to see me the way i was and i didnt want to see anyone at all.. While in the Room with my mom and husband i went to the bathroom, and when i stood up there she was, a little pinkish figure, she had tiny little arms and little beginnings of hands and feet she was about the size of a plum. My mom was in there with me since i was still having trouble walking due to the massive blood loss.. She saw her too, so tiny, so precious. we called the Nurse and she called the Dr in to look at it.  He just looked whispered something to the nurse and FLUSHED HER. I lost it. i couldnt contain my anger at this idiot of a doctor. i screamed at him, telling him i wanted to know what was wrong with her. he just said it was a Spontaneous Abortion.. that set me off like a rocket, i know that is a medical term but it was not the thing i wanted to hear, i did not kill my baby!!!! This was a cruel act of nature, and not my fault!! He left, and once again i sat there bewildered at what just happened, Crushed, and broken. I lay on that "bed" for 5 hours and bled, they did nothing for me. They did do one ultrasound and said it was all out of me, and that if the Dr released me i could go home. At almost 4 months Gestation you would think it wouldnt just "be gone" like that. but she was.. The Dr released me and told me not to do anything but get up to go the the bathroom and eat for 3 days or until my bleeding stopped. I left the hospital empty handed, no baby, no nothing. I wonder why they didnt do any tests to see what was wrong with her, or was it something wrong with me? I will never know for sure. But what i do know is in that instant that i saw her all curled up in the bowl of the toilet, i will never forget it. Within 8 long grueling hours my world was shook, rocked, and turned completely upside down. After that i cried for days asking why it was me? why it was Gracie? what did i do wrong? it took me almost a year to realize it but its because she was too perfect for earth. And i will never be the same, i will always wonder about her and care and love her even if she is in heaven..


 An angel in the book of life wrote down Gracies Birth date and whispered as he closed the book, Too beautiful for this earth.




Gracie, Give Grandma Wanda a kiss for us, and send us rainbows and butterflies every chance you get. Play with all the other angels and be good, mommy will see you again one day my dear. i love you. ♥


♥♥♥1/29/2010♥♥♥


Her Origional edd was 8/4/2010 but after the miscarriage they put her at 7/13/2010

2 comments:

brandysmith280 said...

This is the most heart wrenching story....It scares the heck out of me (I am 15 weeks pregnant)and it makes me mad enough to hunt this 'doctor' down and if nothing else, give him a piece of my mind!! OMG Heather...I can't imagine going thru something like this. I feel for you and I think you are right that Gracie is watching over you and your family! If you need to talk, you know where to find me! Cute page design btw!

h_stultz said...

Thanks, it was hard, still is accually, but i am always thankful for the Daughter i have with me. It hurts to Think about gracie but when i do i always think of her happy, and singing, and playing. Im grateful that i had her for just that moment, just to get to see her and now im at peace with it i guess, it still eats at me that i didnt know what was wrong, but i guess i never will know. Thanks for reading this, and being so nice, i had to shut down my other blog because i had people on there being just mean about it. saying i wasnt grateful for the child i did have. made me very angry. Its a scary thing to go through, but in the end i think it makes us stronger, and more thankful for what we do have. :)

Post a Comment